CORONAVIRUS PRECAUTIONS IN CLINIC
In light of the current outbreak of the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), we are taking additional precautionary measures to minimise the risk of cross-infection to our patients, many of whom are in higher risk groups.
- Spread out appointments to reduce the likelihood of patients crossing paths on arrival or departure.
- Clean/disinfect touch points (door handles, banisters, etc) and treatment couch prior to each appointment. (We also continue to use fresh paper couch roll for each patient, as usual.)
- Wash our hands before and after appointments and as a matter of course during treatments.
- Contact patients if we are aware of any increased risk of infection (if we have any symptoms ourselves, or come into contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected case).
- Generally undertake hygiene and social distancing measures as per UK government guidance (and usually more stringently).
We are asking our patients to please:
- Arrive to the clinic at the correct time for their appointment.
- Bring their own water bottle for drinking.
- Have clean tissues with them, to cover/catch sneezes and coughs etc.
- Wash their hands on arrival in the clinic.
We are asking our patients to please contact us in advance of their appointment if they have any of the following:
- Contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19,
- A respiratory infection including shortness of breath or cough,
- Other flu-like symptoms.
- Recent history of overseas travel.
In such cases, we will advise patients follow current UK government guidance for social distancing, self-isolation and/or postponing their appointment. In some cases we may offer a remote consultation instead. We will waive cancellation fees if applicable.