Acupuncture can offer a natural approach to health and wellbeing, and the quality of our skin and hair is determined to a large extent by our internal state. Here are 8 ways acupuncture could help you look better:
1. Cosmetic acupuncture is a thing – the ‘acupuncture facelift’. The idea is to firm up muscles, bring more blood flow to the face, promote healing, production of collagen and the removal of waste materials.
2. Better sleep – dark circles and bags under the eyes are a telltale sign that you’re not sleeping well. If you’ve tried all of the usual sleep hygiene advice and are still struggling with sleep, acupuncture may be able to help.
3. Better mood – Our emotions have a big effect on how we look, and habitual expressions will begin to be etched on our faces as we age. Having someone to talk to and a peaceful environment to relax without distraction is a great help, but the needles can have a profound effect on your mood too. Article on how this works coming soon…
4. Hormone regulation – hormone imbalances are a common cause of acne. If you also have irregular cycles, pain, irritability or other symptoms that change through the month, acupuncture may be able to help.
5. Weight loss – acupuncture’s not a magic bullet to lose weight, but if you’re overweight because something’s not quite right with your digestive system, acupuncture could help. We can also make suggestions on dietary changes, tailored to you, according to Chinese medicine principles.
6. Pain and injury management – similarly, if you can’t exercise because of some kind of pain or injury, this is something acupuncture is excellent for.
7. Improved posture – our modern lifestyles can play havoc with our body alignment. Sitting most of the time and using computers and mobile phones are the primary culprits. The way we use (and don’t use) our body affects our posture, and good posture will make you look taller, more confident and more attractive.
8. Confidence – taking care of these kinds of health and cosmetic niggles naturally will make you feel better in yourself, and better about yourself. And you’ll always look your best when you feel most confident.